Sunday, September 14, 2008

Update on my life

Yesterday and today were my days off (well, my weekend off). Yesterday (Saturday), I went downtown to the U.S. Botanic Garden and then to the National Museum of the American Indian. Half way through my bus ride to the city, I realized that I didn't have my camera. Therefore, I didn't get to take any pictures of anything that I saw at both those places. I was mad and disappointed that I didn't have my camera because I really wanted to take pictures. However, I plan on going back to the U.S. Botanic Garden and will take pictures when I do so. Saturday was really nice and many people were in D.C. visiting museums and running at the Mall (the place where all the Smithsonians are located). 

Today, I went to Hyattsville Mennonite Church with all the other staff I work with here at the International Guest House. After church, there was a potluck and I sat at a table with people that attend the church. Then, we came home and I sort of relaxed and did nothing. The next post I hope to do will include pictures of my room and maybe some pictures of the guest house. I don't know when I will post that, but it will probably be sometime this week. Sorry if this post is boring because it doesn't have any pictures. I just wanted to give everyone an update of what I have been doing. 

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I refuse to read a post with no pictures. :) Just kidding! I'm glad you tell us what you're doing out there in the big city!

Malinda said...

so what's the status on if you'll be in in D.C. at all while I'm back in the east coast for a week?

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan! Thanks for giving us the details on what you're up to. I'm so impressed by how quickly you've seemed to adjust to D.C. Inspiring! You can continue to talk about the food you eat, so long as you don't mention any cheeseburgers or pizza... I haven't had either in a month. Keep up the blog, and I'm looking forward to seeing the IGH and your room!